Happy Tuesday eve, North House! I hope you all had a wonderful day today to start off the school week.
Mrs. Edwards introduced her housekeeping announcements to the class by mentioning the new month for Silent Sustained Reading (SSR).
She then collected only a few of the BaCoN topic posters that will be displayed on her wall. It was an optional assignment, but was highly recommended to complete as it gives the rest of the school a sneak peek of what we, as a senior class, have been working on throughout the school year.
We then continued watching the film “Shakespeare and Love” until the end of first block.
Don’t forget to complete Blog Assignment #21 by Thursday 8PM!
Hello, North House! I hope you all got lots of rest this weekend and are looking forward to the new month. There’s just a tad bit more than four months until the end of this school year and the end of our education at IPoly High School. Wow!
As I was trying to decide what article to present to you all for this blog post, I came across something that occurred recently and relates to my BaCoN topic (Singing and Dancing Performance). Last Sunday, January 28th, the 60th Annual Grammy Awards took place, commending different artists within the music industry. American rapper, Logic, performed his song “1-800-273-8255” alongside singer-songwriters, Alessia Cara and Khalid at the event. The song’s title is the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and the song itself has positively affected the decisions of many who may be struggling with life. With suicide attempts existing in the thoughts of lots of people and already being the reason for many deaths all over the world, the release of this song represents one of the numerous inspirations of hope anyone can look towards.
This article is about the performance of “1-800-273-8255” at the Grammy’s and its great impact on those who listen to its message.
What other issues do you think should have more light shed upon? Why?
What art medium (music, painting, photography, cinematography, speech, etc.) do you think serve to be the most effective and widely acknowledged? Why?
Hello North house!! Hope everyone has had a great week !
Super easy day today in class! All we did in Mrs. Edwards class was watch Shakespeare in Love. There was no SSW today so if you were absent than congrats you’re off the hook!
Hellllooooo North house! Tuesdays are always better am I right?! Nah they still suck as much as Mondays.
Today in British Literature we took our quiz that was based off our reading on intro to Renaissance. After the quiz we started watching Shakespeare in Love and that is all we did for the rest of the class. Easy day!
Hello North house happy Monday! just kidding no one likes Mondays.
As usual we started the class out by reading for 20 minutes. Today we had a sub for Mrs. Edwards class so it was an easy day. All we had to do was answer some questions based off reading about the Renaissance. You can find the questions on https://ipolyenglish12.wordpress.com/handouts/ website under handouts. We will be quizzed on the reading next blog so make sure to study! Also we will be watching Shakespeare in Love so make sure to turn in your permission slip if you wish to not watch the movie. You only have to turn in your permission slip if you do not have permission to watch the movie.
Hello North house I am your new scribe for the week. I hope everyone had a fun weekend!
Majority of our blog assignments are usually always related to politics or current events which is perfectly fine. This week I have decided to give you all a break. Lets have fun with our blog assignments!
Your assignment for this week is to come up with a plan that you would use if there were to ever be a zombie apocalypse. Don’t overthink it too much, just tell me what you would do. I know that all of you must have at least one question in regards to a zombie apocalypse so at the end of your blog feel free to ask any questions relating to a zombie apocalypse.
If you are having trouble thinking of a plan here is a video that might get some ideas rolling!
DISCLAIMER- This video is about the dead rising. This video contains a little blood.
This video is not scary at all, it is more of a sad video. It is safe for everyone to watch.
Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying your day. And for those who donated blood today, get some rest and drink fluids.
- We started off the day with some SSW. I wrote about using my hobby of hiking and camping to become a Park Ranger. What did you guys write about?
- BaCoN points (Target 100) DUE TONIGHT BY 11:59PM! DO NOT FORGET!! A minimum 20 points are due (40 in total) and you can check if you have completed the required minimum by asking any House teacher. You turn in the Target 100 form that corresponds with what you did (that can be found here ) to turnitin.com.
- PVLEGO’s this Friday. Mrs. Edwards is looking for organization in your speech and little to no filler words. She is now grading stricter than previously and will proceed to get even more strict as we do more presentation for PVLEGO’s. You can introduce your topic, what you have done since your last PVLEGO’s presentation, and where are you going to do from now. Or you can introduce your topic, address something interesting you found, and what you see in the future for yourself and your topic.
- Tips for PVLEGOS from me 🙂
- Create an outline for your speech and make sure you know what you need to address.
- Turn that outline into a speech, written or oral speech.
- Practice that speech in front of a mirror or out loud in your room to make sure you are saying everything correctly and clearly.
- After memorizing your speech, time yourself. Make sure you can fit an intro, body, and conclusion in the 2 minutes provided.
- Practice the night before and the morning of. I like to recite my speech while I drive.
- EXCUSABLE ABSENCE NEXT FRIDAY!! Mount SAC is having a Career Expo on February 2nd, 2018 from 9am-3pm. You can skip school that day to go, but make sure you show the office proof you were at the expo. This can count towards BaCoN points. Click here to register! More information on the Expo can be found by clicking on the hyperlink.
- Individual assignments due Monday, January 29th at 8AM. The link to the cite is now due third rotation next week, February 1st. Intro is part of this. Have it submitted to the submission email ( email@example.com) by Thursday. Mrs. Edwards will check if it was sent to the email in class. Middle Ages Writing Unit – The Informative Essay Guide.
Thanks everyone and have a great weekend. I hope to see you all on the dancefloor this Friday. Peace!