Hi North House, Happy New Year! I hope that all of you had a restful and awesome break.
As I was scrolling on my Twitter feed the other day, something on the Trending list had caught my eye: a Youtuber named Logan Paul was under fire for uploading an inappropriate video on his Youtube channel, in which he mocked and exploited a corpse in Aokigahara, the Suicide Forest of Japan. The Youtuber’s general content has been aimed towards a younger audience. As a result, hundreds of thousands of people have shown disgust in Paul’s vulgarity and exploitation shown within the video. The article shown here discusses how Paul later apologizes and how the media has reacted to the situation, as well as his apology. Many people were outraged at Paul’s video due to the disrespect that he had shown towards the victim. Nevertheless, fans of Paul continue to support him and Youtube has yet to demonetize his channel.
Prompt: What was your first reaction to this situation? How do you think Logan should be punished, if he should be punished at all? Do you believe his apology? Why or why not?
Hello North House!!!! I hope you all had an amazing weekend, especially those who attended prom! T’was very lit. This weeks blog assignment is based on my senior topic (the psychology of relationships). Please watch the video and answer the prompt.
List of the questions: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/no-37-big-wedding-or-small.html
Prompt: Do you believe this process of asking each other these questions actually allows people to fall in love with not only people they know but also complete strangers?
DAYS TILL GRADUATION: 22 \(^-^)/
Hey North House! Hope your having a fantastic Friday
Today we started off our friday by singing along to some country music!! It was amazing ;D
After it was a short block due to 4 core rotation and it was mostly just a work block.
- Blog assigment is due next Friday due to the length of the articles
- Work on project Build a Better School
- Please donate to our Pamper Me basket for the silent action
- Next week we will be attending the college fair ^-^
Happy Wednesday north house! ;D
Today was a simple day we started off with ASB
•”Please fill the basket.” – Chris
Go support the silent auction PTSA will be raffling off a flat screen TV and Go Pros which is pretty cool guys, however it’s a choice to go no one is obliged to go.
•Support dramas improve show this Friday
• class of 2017 sweater ideas are due tomorrow remember Edwards said you CAN NOT complain about the ideas if you, yourself, did not submit one.
Rest of our day was spent doing the PSAT hope everyone did well ^-^
Hello North House \(^-^)/ !! Today is Tuesday Oct. 13 2015 and class today was pretty chill.
- We started with SSR
- Edwards gave us a talk about the Build A Better School Project
– If you wish to compete you must do section 7 along with the 6 required sections for Edwards
– visit the handout section of the class blog for assistance and article references
Project due: Nov 9th
3. Finished the rest of class with a work day ;D
Hey North House! ^-^
Happy Monday everyone today is October 12 2015 and it was an eventful day.
-Today like always we started out with 20 mins of SSR
-Edwards gave a few reminders
1. PAMPER ME BASKET for the silent auction brought to you by PTSA. It would really help if people could bring items like: Candies, bath soaps, it could be dollar stuff or donating a dollar would help a lot ^-^ *Remember PTSA helps with donating money so we could go on more field trips !!*
2. Due to our schedule we are going to have to hold on Harkness, so if there was anything you wanted to remember from component #2 be sure to write it down and speak about it during Harkness.
– After announcements Ms. Edwards turned out the lights leaving us all confused on what was going on …. She then said she was going to show us 3 videos (no not Sharknado, Andre) all three videos were poking fun at our public school system and how they teach us “useless” facts.
– After watching these videos Edwards was proud to present the unit “BUILD A BETTER SCHOOL”
-To start this unit we all choose our own groups, 6 groups in total (some groups are choosing to partner up with other students in different houses however Edwards believes it is called for potential stress but still allowed). This project focuses on groups aiming to build a prefect school teaching system. An idea off “The Super School Project” by the widow of Steve Jobs. However if Edwards deems your groups super school to be worthy you can actually submit your proposal to the contest and win the school a generous donation!! As of now each group was given a packet with questions we aim to answer so good luck to everyone! Due: Nov. 9th 2015
Due NEXT Friday because it is 3 articles and Edwards wants us to actually think about what we read and use critical thinking. *However do not procrastinate *
•Work on Project “Build a Better School”
* Apologies for the late delay I just got home from ROP* 🙂 -Janina G
Good afternoon North House!
In English today we first started out our class with the first 20 minutes of SSR as usual. Then Mrs. Edwards gave us a writing test which we were able to use our English notebook for help if we needed it. She gave us 45 minutes to do the test, that is all that we did today in our last block of English this week.
Don’t forget to do Blog Assignment #6 due tomorrow by 8pm!