Hello, North House! Hope you day is well and Happy Cinco de Mayo! Today was a pretty hefty day filled with important information so you’re in for a long blog post. I apologize in advance.
We started off the day with our last and final SSW. Ms.Edwards proceeded to collect our stamp sheets, after stamping for our last writing entry. (You should have 8 stamps) Since it was such short notice, she is allowing us to turn it in from now to the end of the school year, but sooner is always better! After SSW Ms. Edwards gave us some announcements:
- Extra credit is due before May 23rd. If you turn in your textbook before May 23rd you can receive extra credit! Ms.Edwards asked if someone can bring tissues before senior presentations because they are highly needed.
- Next week is CAASPP testing. It will be multiple choice and taken digitally on laptops. The difference is there is a performance task requirement for reading and writing we must take. This performance test will be typed using laptops. The schedule will be North and East taking the test for the first testing blocks, while South and West rest and will rotate after 2 hours to accommodate with the students. *During our CAASPP Performance Task Test it is recommended, on the day of, you bring headphones if you do not wish to use headphones provided that have been previously used*
- The schedule provided for next week is
- Monday: Math online( 2 hours) and followed by rest. (2 hours)
- Tuesday: 4 core
- Wednesday: Multiple choice English online (2 hours of testing and 2 hours of rest)
- Thursday: Both performance test (English, Math)
- Friday: Regularly scheduled
- Chris Q. gave us forms to pick our Senior ASB representatives for the year 2017! If you didn’t get the chance to vote already please see one of our current ASB representatives for the chance to vote.
After announcements we continued watching the film, Dead Poets Society, to continue where we left off and to finish the movie with a heartfelt goodbye! After finishing the film we reflected on how the movie truly moved us.After we concluded, Brian C. got the chance to recite his moving poem.
In the end once we settled to finish our wonderful poetry component, Ms. Edwards asked us to grab our textbooks and rip pages out of them! It was an enticing introduction to our museum piece we would have to do for her display in our final museum project! We were instructed to rip out a page and work on making that page into a “Form Poetry”. This is an art style in which students must write a unique poem with the words found in the page, followed by drawing on the page to represent this. Feel free to google this to get a better feel. Along with this final project we must attach a QR code to our blog so viewers can see the rest of our projects. To receive an AE we must simply show that some effort was put into this and that thought was given as well. This project is due no later than May 20th! So don’t delay.
For the rest of the teacher they went over our projects for the museum! For Hedman instructed us to make a pamphlet discussing our career choice and other instances of importance, such as income and overall duties, for our museum piece. Pang gave us a sign up sheet we must assign ourselves into for jobs to be done during the museum event. One of your group members must be at your science display to talk about you topic. Again we have till May 20th to complete these projects in preparation for our museum exhibit.
Pang’s Homework: Finish worksheet on Solar Cell’s and study for test next Thursday!
Don’t forget Mr.Pang’s suggestion to do a model of a battery instead of the test if you chose to do so. If you missed today’s class please meet with pang
Hedman’s homework: No homework was given other than study for the CAASPP test! Try to get above potential so Hedman can dye his hair and get a fohawk. And so we can receive donuts like he promised!!
Hope you day is going well, North house! 🙂