Read The Sin of High School English Class. Respond objectively to the piece OR choose and answer 3 prompts from the list below:
- What is the purpose of this piece? What is the writer trying to accomplish? Why is this topic important to the writer? To the community?
- Who is the intended audience? Who was meant to see/read this when the creator made it?
- What is the thesis/message? Is it stated or implied?
- What persona (public image) is the writer giving? What kind of feeling does the assigned speaker/symbol reveal?
- What kind of logic (evidence or arguments) is used to persuade the audience? What kind of emotional appeal is used to inspire strong feelings, positive or negative?