We started with our SSW as usual… But don’t forget about SSR! You need to have two bookmarks turned in soon. There’s a deadline, but I don’t know it.
Then we went over our Build a Better School rubric and she allowed us to assess them ourselves.
A couple groups shared their ideas to the class, then we did a Metacognition Entry in our notebook.
Metacognition: Build a Better School
- Describe in one sentence what the assignment required you to do.
- What skills did you use in order to be successful with this unit?
- How were these skills the same and/or different from those you may have needed in the past for a similar assignment?
- Explain how this unit made you grow as (A) a group member, (B) a writer, and (C) a researcher.
- How did being able to choose your won groups help or hinder your success?
- Would you have chosen the same group knowing then what you know now? Explain.
- How did you like the opportunity to “cross pollinate” with other Houses?
- What value did you find from this unit, either academically or personally?
You should also give yourself a group self-assessment and Ms. Edwards will give her grade.
We discussed within our groups what worked and what didn’t work, and then we were dismissed.
In math, we went over the homework previously assigned. Mr. Hedman chose volunteers (that still doesn’t make sense to me) to do some problems. He gave a brief lecture on the applications of logarithms in a problem involving the Richter Scale and earthquakes. We then received a mock test packet.
In science, we turned in our homework. Pang then gave a flowchart on chemical bonds. I was going to put the notes into this scribe entry, but I lack the time, energy, and motivation to do so. After the notes, he handed out a worksheet.
Don’t forget to prepare for your mock debate topics for Nav first thing in the morning. What I meant was Nav’s class is first thing in the morning. Don’t actually prepare it in the morning. Or you could prepare it in the morning. This IS iPoly, right?