Hello North House!
I am Alyanna Landayan and I will be you’re scribe for the week. Happy Monday guys! We all know how difficult it is to wake up at 6 in the morning after a weekend of sleeping in, but come on. There is only 62 more days of school left [not including spring break] so hang in there guys.
Okay, we started off our day in Mrs. Edward’s class.
- SSR + Welcome scribes (ayee welcome me)
- Not on Game Plan but we did have some announcements
- Media Touchpoints
After the usual 20 minutes of SSR, Mrs. Edwards made some announcements to the class.
- Summer sign-ups for the SAT summer course are open so if anyone is interested in that, please go see Mrs. Thinnes. There will be no more SAT prep courses throughout the year. They’re going intense now guys so if you’re up for the challenge, talk to Mrs. Thinnes.
- For those who didn’t verify their e-mail address for Purther last Friday, the list went around again earlier today because it is imperative for Purther to get a hold of all of us. If you haven’t confirmed your e-mail yet due to whatever reason, go see Mrs. Edwards ASAP.
- THIRD ANNOUNCEMENT. Apparently some of our fellow peers were lame and cheat for SSR (besides North house because North house = best house
but if some of you guys are the cheaters, then North house =/= best house). What they do is take the current page of the book their reading and add 20 pages to that number to get that AE without indulging into the book. No, don’t do it. Please don’t do it. ‘Cause one of us goes in and we all go through it. Seriously, don’t do it because if you were to be caught cheating on SSR, your SSR grade will be a big fat zero and the reason why we do SSR is for our own benefit. As Edwards told us today,
“The only way you are going to learn to write well is by reading constantly.”
SO READ FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR WRITING SKILLS.
After a couple of weeks of being MIA, our blog assignments have returned to us. For some, this is a present from the heavens and for others it’s the opposite. But regardless of how you feel about the blog assignments, we still have to do them. Like SSR, they’re beneficial for our writing. In SSR, we read well-written text in order to improve our own writing skills and our blog assignments will put our skills to the test. Do it for your writing guys. For those who strive for the AE, the blog assignment must be done by Thursday. Friday is the day when everyone has to post up their blog assignment so at least get it done by Friday 8pm.
Now, onto component 3 will be due and done next week. Task 5 and 6 work so closely together, thus they both will be due by Thursday. Everyone can breathe now, but don’t take too much of a big breath because March 10th is just around the corner.
In order to help us with component 3, we had a tampon talk… as an example for media touch points that is! For those who missed out on the example that was shown today or just want to view it once again for the “lolz”, here is the link. This fun and silly promotion idea for kotex has some relevance to our component. We have to come up with 3 ways to promote our village (online advertisement, commercial, radio, etc.) and out of those three, we must produce at least one. I can hear the groans of aggravation already. Come on guys, we’ll live.
That’s all for today, North House! If you happen to read this little message down here, thank you for taking the time to read the whole post!
REMINDER: NAV NOTEBOOK DUE + TEST TOMORROW. STUDY AND FINISH UP THAT NOTEBOOK
I need to go finish my own notebook now. Thanks North House! Until tomorrow!